Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Artist Spotlight: R & N Creations

Name: Norma
Company Name: R & N Creations
Number of Years with Showcase: 7 years in the Salt Lake Family Christmas Gift Show
Booth #747


Tell us about what you do?
I have been retired for the last 6 years and I love the freedom.

How long have you been doing this? How did you get into it:
I have been painting as long as I can remember, but started painting on a regular basis about 10 years ago.

What inspires you? Who or what has had the biggest influence on what you do:
Everything beautiful, be it art, a mountain view or just everyday surroundings. My husband is the builder of our product. He is my greatest inspiration.
 
What do you love most about our show:
Meeting all the people that attend. Old friends or new.

If you couldn’t be an artist, what would you do:
I would love to play the piano but alas, my fingers don’t work that way.



Since you’ve been selling your goods, what is the most memorable experience you’ve had:
Meeting a wonderful lady at a show that asked me to be her sister. She had seen some very horrible times in her life as a child in war torn Romania, and after I heard her story I was more than happy to make her my sister.

Tell us your guilty pleasure:
I love Banana Splits

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Or what do you love about the holidays:
Opening one gift on Christmas Eve. I love having family around.

What is the most important thing you want people to know about your goods:
The Memory Boxes were started as a way to share with my family all the photos our mother left us. These are our history and should not be lost.

Give us one piece of advice to others who may be interested in exhibiting at shows:
Try to have a product that is unique and that will sell itself.

How about some advice for those attending shows:
Try not to take that cell phone call while talking to a vendor.



How do you market your work? Where can we find you:
The shows we set up at are the only marketing we have. The business cards we provide with our e-mail address and phone number are the only way to contact us.
 
Describe a typical day for you:
Painting, taking orders by phone and e-mail. Getting ready for the next show.

Do you have any other passions:
I love a good discussion about women’s rights.

What other artists do you admire:
Michelangelo,  Bob Ross.

What is your most used piece of equipment:
The chair I sit in to paint. I need a new one.

Exhibitors: if you are interested in being spotlighted on the blog please
email promos @ showcaseevents . org

No comments:

Post a Comment